BEST IN CLASS
The BF80 and BF100’s 1.5L, SOHC, 16-valve, inline four-cylinder engine is inspired by the same remarkable engine that powers the iconic Honda motor vehicle, the ‘Jazz’.
With the exception of the cylinder sleeves, these engines feature an all-aluminium alloy block, resulting in a very lightweight and powerful package.
With a powerful 1.5L, Single Over Head Cam shaft (SOHC), 16-valve, inline four-cylinder engine, the BF80 sets new levels of performance in the 80Hp segment.
A perfect blend of Honda’s world renowned marine and automotive technologies, light weight and compact design assures this engine are a firm favourite with boating enthusiasts.
Provision of PGM-FI, Blast, and ECOmo, combine to ensure a perfect blend of power and fuel economy throughout the engine operating range.
With NMEA2000® compliance, connectivity of BF80 is simplified with other popular NMEA2000® equipment, such as chart plotters or fish finders.
Trolling control between 650–1000 rpm provides accurate slow speed control, ideal for fishing or marina maneuvering
LEAN BURN CONTROL
Adjusts the air/fuel mix according to speed and load to maximise efficiency.
Inclusion of lean burn control offers significantly improved fuel consumption over direct injection two-stroke models as well as over competing four-stroke models.
The mode in which lean burn control is used is referred to as ECOmo (Economy Controlled Motor).
- Type: Four-Stroke SOHC 4 Cylinders
- Displacement: 1,496cc
- Bore & Stroke: 73 x 89.4 mm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000-6000 RPM
- HP Rating @ Propshaft: 80 HP @ 5,500 RPM
- Valves per Cylinder: Four
- Fuel Delivery: Programmed Fuel Injection
- Ignition System: Full-transition Battery Ignition
- Starting System: Electric
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Alternator: TBC
- Recommended Transom Height: 537mm (L), 664mm (X)
- Dry Weight: 165kg (L), 171kg (X)
- Gear Ratio: 2.33:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Propellor: Optional
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE FITTING KIT
CALL US FOR THE BEST DEAL!