The BF40 and BF50 outboard engines retain their class-leading lightweight, compact packaging, enhanced with PGM-FI electronic fuel injection, Honda’s original Boosted Low Speed Torque (BLAST™) air/fuel ratio and ignition-timing technology, and lean burn control to deliver powerful startup and acceleration together with outstanding fuel economy during cruising (ECOmo).
A reduction gear is employed to achieve compact engine layout by offsetting the in-line three-cylinder engine forward, while a long-branch plastic inlet manifold and miniaturised electronic components further contribute to the class-topping lightweight, compact design.
Like Honda’s larger outboard engines, the BF40 and BF50 feature a striking ‘wing form’ design, emphasising the design concept of slimness and strength.
- Type: 3 cylinder 4 stroke 6 valves
- Displacement: 808cc
- Bore & Stroke: 89 x 96
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5500 – 6000
- HP Rating @ Propshaft: 50HP @ 5750 RPM
- Valves per Cylinder: Two
- Fuel Delivery: Programmed fuel injection
- Ignition System: Solid State
- Starting System: Electric
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Alternator: 22-AMP
- Recommended Transom Height: TBC
- Dry Weight: TBC
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Propellor: Alloy included