Constructed from the new Cotec technical wax fabric, the Edale is a classic styled, fully-featured longer length jacket, packed with modern comfort and protection. Comes fitted with a Reissa Active waterproof and breathable membrane and a removable Outlast thermal liner to help regulate body temperature. D3O elbow and shoulder armour is included as standard, with a pocket for an optional back protector (sold separately). Tartan trim on the internal panels and quilted stitching add to the quality look and feel.
- Halley Stevensons 8oz Cotec fabric
- Reissa Active waterproof/breathable membrane
- Fixed cotton linint and Marton Mills Scottish tartan panels
- Removable Outlast climate control lining
- D30 shoulder and elbow protectors pre-fitted (CE compliance to EN1621-1:2012)
- Pocket for back protector (sold separately)
- Four patch pockets closed by flap and stud
- Inside facing jet pocket, side entry hand warmer pockets and offset rear glove storage pocket
- Internal storage pockets
- Ventilation to both front and rear
- Diamond stitched overlay details
- Internal draw cord hem waist adjustment
- Jacket to jean connecting zipper
What is Cotec? Developed in partnership with Scottish wax cotton experts, Halley Stevensons, Cotec is a unique fabric within the Merlin Heritage range. This new fabric has a soft, slightly oily/damp handle with a modern matt appearance. The cloth maintains a clean, uniform appearance. This unique fabric is a modern interpretation of traditional silk wax, with better breathability, ease of use in the long term and critically better safety performance. The fabric has a finished 8oz weight in contrast to the traditional silkwax which has a finished weight of 12oz.